Saturday, November 29, 2008

I over-turkeyed

Our Thanksgiving involved only my small family of three. Still I cooked like 20 people were coming to my house. And I definitely made too much turkey.

My husband did the Thanksgiving shopping and I told him to get a relatively small turkey (under 10 pounds), since it would only be the three of us this year. I knew we'd end up with leftovers, but wanted the leftovers to be manageable.

Then we got low priced turkey fever.

My husband called from the store and said the turkeys were on sale for $.49 a pound! Wow! Then he said we could get an 18 pound turkey for just around $8! I said get it because more is always better! Right?

Wrong. I have had turkey for lunch and dinner for three days now. And I still have a lot of bird left. I'll be spending a lot of time on All Recipes looking for turkey recipes. And maybe I'll freeze some too.

Not such a bad problem to have, really.

I'm thankful for big ol' turkeys.

4 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

It does freeze well. I will be freezing some too. My favorite leftover turkey is to make a sandwich with the leftover rolls and cranberry sauce! YUM!

Tina said...

Sounds delicious! I'll definitely have to do that.

Maybe every day for the next week! :)

A. said...

I like to freeze the leftovers, too. It's nice to take out some leftover turkey and make a nice warm, creamy pot pie in a few weeks. Oh, yum!

A. said...

I sent you that pepperoni roll recipe! Have fun making them!