Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer

We are in the midst of our summer baseball blitz with my son playing 11 year old All Stars for our baseball association. Actually, I guess we're at the end of it. We have our state tournament this weekend, the next weekend off, and the world series the following weekend, then it's over.

The boys have played tournaments every weekend since Memorial Day, so our summer has gone by in a haze of travel, ballgames, and practices. We are looking forward to finishing up, taking a trip up to WV for much needed extended family time, and then getting back to life as normal.

Life as normal includes school and I have been going over so many things I absolutely want to include for Evan's sixth grade year. Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually get it all in? It hasn't happened yet, but one year it may!

I really love the summer with the hot weather, the unpredictable schedule, the novelty of every day, but by August I will be craving the familiar. I'll be ready for the days of schoolwork, the structure, and the predictability of life.

Sorry to be so out of touch with the blog lately. I'm anxious to write about some things when life (and my brain) settle down!

Until then, have a Happy Fourth of July weekend! We will be spending our holiday weekend on the ballfield in north Georgia rooting for our Warriors!

1 comment:

A. said...

You sound like you are having a wonderful and happy summer! I'm ready for mine to settle down into a few lazy days. Hopefully soon! Have a wonderful fourth of July weekend!