Friday, April 24, 2009

More dieting blah, blah, blah

What is so difficult about dieting/exercising is you have to continue to make the same good choices day after day.

Boy, would I just like a break from it all! Of course, having a break from it all (a long break) is what got me to this point to begin with.

Arghhh!!!!

This afternoon we drove up to the lake and my son spent some time fishing. My husband met us there and on the way home I decided to pick up dinner. My husband had a big lunch, so he planned on eating a bowl of cereal at home. Perfect time for my son and I to eat somewhere my husband normally doesn't like.

Bojangles.

I pulled into the drive thru and took some time to look over the menu. Now if I had planned this out, I would have been better off. My Weight Watchers Dining Out book shows the points for food at Bojangles and I hadn't eaten much today. But it was a spur of the moment decision to go to Bojangles and the menu board in front of me seemed loaded with land mines.

I got fried chicken for my son and headed to McDonald's for a salad. I have had the salad many times and knew exactly how many points I would be consuming.

So I never run out of opportunities to make a better choice, nor do I run out of ways to really take a wrong turn in diet world.

What I love about Weight Watchers is that I can have what I want. I just have to make allowances for it. It is the only program I have ever been on that has made me understand the concept of portion control.

I seem to be really motivated right now with the diet and exercise thing. I just have to stick with it and keep making those good decisions.

And every day is another day of facing those choices.

I think I'm going to have to join Weight Watchers officially and start going to the meetings. Having the accountability of the weigh in would be very helpful and a weekly reminder that the choice of whether or not to be successful is really up to me.

2 comments:

A. said...

You are an inspiration. I would have caved. Where do you get that motivation?

Tina said...

Thanks, A., but I seriously have my battles. Yesterday with BBQ chips, for instance!